Halloween and Bonfire Night are now distant memories as the most magical time of the year approaches. With festivities taking place across the city, there’s no better place than London to celebrate Christmas!
1. Take a 10 minute walk from Corus Hotel Hyde Park and immerse yourself at Winter Wonderland. Entry is free and there are a host of attractions on offer, from the UK’s largest outdoor ice rink and Ice Bar to new attractions for 2018, including roller coasters and the Comedy Club.
2. London is famous for its shopping experience, especially at Christmas, and Corus Hotel Hyde Park is in the ideal location to take it all in. Whether it’s antiques at the Portobello Road market or the top department stores on Oxford Street, just hop on a tube at Lancaster Gate and you’ll be sure to find everything you need for your loved ones.
3. It wouldn’t be Christmas without the traditional pantomime. Starring Dawn French and Julian Clary, Snow White comes to the London Palladium this year with performances throughout the festive season.
4. If you’re staying with us on Christmas Day itself, why not go for an early morning stroll in Hyde Park, and experience the annual Peter Pan Cup as open water swimmers make a splash in the Serpentine from 9am.
5. Escape the crowds and enjoy our delicious Christmas Afternoon Tea at Corus Hotel Hyde Park. Start with a Blood Orange Gin and Elderflower cocktail before digging into a mouth-watering festive feast, from a Traditional Norfolk Bronze turkey wrap with cranberry and stuffing to a spiced apple crumble tart with mulled wine jelly. View our Festive Afternoon Tea menu.
6. Recharge your batteries after a day of festive fun and enjoy our best available rate and FREE breakfast all winter!
This October, Laura Ashley The Tea Room opened its doors at The Chace Hotel in Coventry...
This beautiful Victorian building features an atmospheric oak-panelled lounge, a selection of Laura Ashley designer bedrooms, and pretty landscaped gardens that can be happily admired from the Tea Room.
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers” – L.M Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Summer is well and truly behind us, and the light balmy evenings may seem like a distant memory now that it’s dark by dinner time. While autumn is a season of stunning colours and the welcome reappearance of Pumpkin Spiced Lattes, it’s also easy to feel like you’re entering hibernation mode and are in desperate need of a blissfully long rest…
At Corus Hotels, you can choose from a relaxing retreat in the Buckinghamshire countryside or a break near bustling cities such as Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham where you can enjoy exploring, sightseeing and some much-needed retail therapy (your autumn wardrobe won’t update itself!).
We’ve come up with 3 great reasons to book yourself a rejuvenating break today and beat those pre-winter blues…
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.