There’s nothing like a heatwave in Britain to remind us that you can get that searing hot car seat on the back of the thigh feeling without lugging the whole family to the south of France for a week...
With the summer holidays fast approaching and the sun shining gloriously while you’re stuck in work, now is the perfect time to plan a couple of summer staycations to look forward to, especially when you can get 15% off your summer break at any Corus Hotel!
Each of our Corus Hotels across England has fantastic attractions that the whole family will love, as well as hearty cuisine to enjoy and comfortable beds to fall into after another busy day of sunshine and sightseeing. Peel the kids away from their screens and enjoy beautiful architecture, bustling cities, stunning natural beauty and exciting exhibitions that are right on your doorstep. We’ve complied 30 of our favourite attractions to get you started:
1. The National Sealife Centre - Make a splash at the National Sealife Centre! Feed penguins, meet turtles & learn all about life under the waves...
2. Cadbury World - The ultimate chocoholic's day out! Discover the story of chocolate and visit the world's biggest Cadbury shop.
3. Drayton Manor - A perfect family day trip where you can enjoy rides and roller coasters, Drayton Manor Zoo & Thomas Land!
4. West Midland Safari Park - Enjoy a wild day out at the safari park! See giraffes, zebras, cheetahs & the king of the jungle, the African Lion.
5. The NEC - There's always an exciting exhibition at the NEC! Discover what's on this summer here.
6. Birmingham Back to Backs - The most popular attraction in Birmingham, step back in time on a fascinating guided tour of historic back-to-back houses.
Check out our fantastic family packages at The Regency Hotel for day trips to Drayton Manor, The National Sealife Centre and West Midland Safari Park!
7. Warwick Castle - Discover your inner knight and explore 1000 years of jaw-dropping history at this amazing medieval castle.
8. Twycross Zoo - Meet a wide variety of monkeys and apes and the UK's only group of bonobos at this wonderful zoo, perfect for your little monkeys.
9. Coventry Cathedral - Celebrated as the UK's favourite 20th century building, Coventry Cathedral is a stunning piece of history and a must-visit.
10. Royal Leamington Spa - Enjoy beautiful architecture, award-winning parks & the some of the country's best spas in this attractive town.
Our beautiful Chace Hotel in Coventry is the perfect place to stay with family to enjoy trips to Warwick Castle and Twycross Zoo, or ideal for a romantic retreat in one of the newly designed Laura Ashley themed bedrooms...
11. Manchester Trafford Centre - Shopaholics rejoice! Fabulous fashion, over 60 fantastic restaurants, ODEON IMAX & much more awaits...
12. Gulliver's World - Perfect for families, discover a magical selection of rides & attractions that everyone will enjoy!
13. Liverpool One - Described as one of Europe's leading retail & leisure destinations, Liverpool One is a stylish must-visit with an amazing atmosphere.
14. Chester Zoo - One of the UK's largest and most popular zoos, visit over 21,000 animals and see 500 different species at Chester Zoo!
15. Knowsley Safari Park - Enjoy a wild day out at Knowsley Safari Park and explore the brand new Tiger Trail!
The Hillcrest Hotel in Widnes is the friendliest place to stay in Cheshire, in a rural location with easy motorway access so you're never far from an exciting family attraction.
16. Cleethorpes - Enjoy over 4 miles of golden sands at this traditional seaside resort, perfect for fun family activities or just a place to relax.
17. Lincolnshire Wolds - A designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, enjoy walking, cycling or riding in the rolling hills.
Our St James Hotel is situated opposite the attractive Grimsby Minster and is the best place for fish & chips after a day of fresh air and sandy feet at the beautiful Cleethorpes beach!
18. Windsor Castle - Visit the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world, which is the Queen's favourite weekend home.
19. LEGOLAND - Colourful, inspirational and packed with fun activities, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is a fantastic family day out.
20. Burnham Beeches Nature Reserve - Famed for its beech and oak pollards, many of which are over 400 years old! Perfect for woodland walks.
21. Farnham Common - Tour the historic village of Farnham Common, which adjoins the ancient woodland of Burnham Beeches.
22. National Trust | Clivedon - Visit the gloriously restored rose garden and have fun in the huge maze at this stunning National Trust property.
23. Bekonscot Model Village - The world's oldest original model village, Bekonscot is a wonderful historic family attraction.
Burnham Beeches Hotel is nestled in acres of beautiful woodland and is the ideal retreat for a minibreak or a delicious dinner after a family day out. Relax on the lawns or in the elegant Georgian Bar & Lounge and enjoy a refreshing glass of Pimm's.
24. Natural History Museum - Discover amazing exhibitions and events that open your eyes to the wonders of the world at London's free museum.
25. Buckingham Palace - Steeped in history, take a tour and watch the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace.
26. Madame Tussauds - Combining London's glamour with its incredible history, walk the red carpet, pose with film stars & meet royalty!
27. London Eye - The ultimate view of London! Glide above Big Ben & the Houses of Parliament to see the city unfold below .
28. Kensington Palace - The childhood home of Queen Victoria, discover this beautiful royal residence in Kensington Gardens.
29. Kew Gardens - Visit the stunning botanical gardens & see over 10,000 plants in the world's biggest Victorian glasshouse.
30. Hyde Park - Set in the heart of London, visit this Grade-1 listed royal park for a relaxing stroll and a well-earned rest!
It wouldn't be a staycation without a visit to the capital for some truly fantastic sightseeing! Corus Hotel Hyde Park is just a 2 minute walk from Lancaster Gate Tube Station so you're moments from the best attractions London has to offer.
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.