Sweep her off her feet for Mother's Day on Sunday 11th March with a trip to London town! From delicious dainty treats to dazzling days out, the capital is the perfect place to spoil the person in your life who deserves it most.
1. Embrace the fresh air and seek out the sprawling green spaces in London for a springtime stroll. Hyde Park (our neighbour and our favourite, of course!) is one of the largest of London’s Royal Parks, boasting London’s oldest boating lake, The Serpentine. Wherever you are in London, you can take in beautiful spaces and stunning views as you enjoy a peaceful afternoon with your mum.
2. Mother's Day Jazz Afternoon Tea at Corus Hotel Hyde Park is the ultimate on-trend treat. Sit down with a glass of rosé champagne and watch the world go by before sampling tempting savoury bites and exquisite cakes (the mini dark chocolate & orange tart is to die for!). Complemented by a range of refreshing teas and ambient notes of live jazz from our fantastic duo, your mum’s afternoon will be one of absolute bliss.
3. For an unforgettable Mother’s Day, take her to see one of many fantastic shows in London's West End! Sing along to her favourite Abba hits in Mama Mia!, fall under the spell of Wicked, or experience the exhilarating Lion King on stage. A theatre trip is such a treat, one to dress up for and enjoy, and what better excuse to spoil her than Mother’s Day...
4. Catch the Orchids Festival at Kew Gardens just in time for Mother's Day. This heavenly Thai-inspired display includes a beautiful orchid palace and guarantees to be a spectacular horticultural display, leaving you and your mum feeling truly harmonious. It finishes on Sunday 11th March, so make sure you don't miss out!
5. London is the perfect place for a spot of sightseeing... enjoy the best bits in style with a River Thames Sightseeing Cruise with City Cruises! Relax and take in spectacular panoramic views of Big Ben, The London Eye, Tower Bridge, and much more for a picturesque experience your mum will always remember. Tickets start from just £10.00.
Pro tip: if you can squeeze all five into one day, with a bouquet of tulips to boot, you’re officially the best child in the world...
Fancy getting away from the big smoke? Burnham Beeches manor house hotel near Windsor is the perfect peaceful getaway in luxury surroundings. Unwind with an afternoon tea overlooking the manicured lawns after a trip to Windsor Castle or a stroll in the calming woodland surrounding the hotel.
Treat Mum to a luxury Burnham Beeches gift voucher so she can enjoy a relaxing getaway anytime she chooses - it's the perfect gift for Mother's Day.
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.