Flowers are in bloom, the sun is shining (fingers crossed!) and there’s even two bank holidays! May is the height of spring in London and you’re spoilt for choice with attractions and events in the capital.
1. Head to the Royal Hospital Chelsea for the RHS Chelsea Flower Show from 21st – 25th May, which attracts 150,000 visitors each year, including some Royal Family members. Tickets usually sell out fast but if you do miss out, you won’t be disappointed as you can take a stroll round the streets of Chelsea as shops, restaurants and hotels create beautiful floral window displays along Sloane Street, Sloane Square, King’s Road, Duke of York Square and Pavilion Road as part of ‘Chelsea in Bloom’.
2. The climax of the football season takes centre stage in May, as the Premier League title race hots up and Wembley hosts the Women’s FA Cup Final on 4th May and men’s FA Cup Final on 18th May. Don’t worry if you can’t get a ticket as you can catch all action in one of London’s many pubs and sports bars.
3. This May sees the traditional State Opening of Parliament by the Queen. Join spectators along The Mall and Whitehall and spot our monarch in a horse-drawn carriage led by the Household Cavalry in the century-old ceremony as the Queen reads her speech outlining the government’s agenda for the coming year.
4. If you enjoy a tipple, you’re in luck as London Wine Week returns for a 6th year from 13th – 19th May, with events across the city happening each day from pop-up wine bars to al-fresco parties and some of the best wine bars offering tasting flights of wine for just £6! Get access to all this and more by downloading your free festival pass from https://drinkup.london/wineweek/.
5. From 16th – 19th May, Somerset House hosts Photo London, a world class photography fair showcasing the best contemporary photography from around the world with more than 100 galleries from 20 countries.
6. Experience all these events and much more in London and get up to 15% off a two night stay or up to 20% off a three night stay when you book with us at Corus Hotel Hyde Park this May.
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
CORUS HOTELS BLOGkeep up to date with the latest news from our hotels
Invisible App Zone