It’s the biggest night of the year and the capital knows how to party! Instead of seeing in 2019 in the same old local you go to the rest of the year, why not make it a night to remember with one of these weird but wonderful New Year celebrations...
1. Start early and unleash the metalhead in you at Face Down’s annual Pre NYE bash at Scala in King’s Cross. Opening its doors from 10pm on 30th December, with an afterparty taking you through to 6am, this year features an alternative silent disco with everything from metal and punk to power ballads and cheese. You’ll want to dust off the air guitar for this one.
2. Relive your childhood and dive into the ball pit at Shoreditch’s Ballie Ballerson under the neon lights while the bartenders shake theatrical cocktails complete with retro sweets. Ideal for a warm up as you kick start your evening or go BALListic as the clock strikes midnight.
3. Escape the city crowds and head to Wandsworth for the Après Ski NYE Party. Book an igloo or party lodge for up to 35 guests and enjoy mulled wine, hog roast before raising a glass of fizz to fireworks over the Thames at midnight.
4. Fans of It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia should head to the Beast of Brixton for Rum Ham and cocktails with Mitten Kittens as it’s transformed into Paddy’s Pub, the worst bar in Philadelphia. With prizes for best dressed, DJ Thunder Gun will provide the soundtrack with music from the show and all the best party tunes.
5. Head to the Tropicana Beach Club in Covent Garden for a Snow Ball. Party under a glittering giant snowball installation and be dazzled by live shows throughout the evening as DJs spin RnB, party anthems and tropical beats until the early hours.
5. Brush off those hangovers and take in the 33rd New Year’s Day Parade which passes some of the city’s iconic landmarks. More than 8,500 performers, including cheerleaders, dancers, marching bands and representatives from West End shows take part in the 2.2 mile procession that starts at the Ritz Hotel.
7. Don’t forget to join us back at Corus Hotel Hyde Park where you can enjoy free breakfast all winter when you book a room direct!
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.