A dusting of icing sugar. A good hearty glug of Christmas punch. Oodles of smiles with extra warmth... Mix with a sprinkle of festive cheer and you’re well on your way to a wonderful Christmas.
We’ve decked the halls with elegant trimmings and now we’re inviting you to treat yourself and your loved ones to a Festive Afternoon Tea in our beautiful manor house.
Roll up to Burnham Beeches Hotel through a woodland driveway and admire acres of manicured gardens before you take a seat and relax with a spiced mulled wine or a chilled glass of fizz.
Surrounded by elegant interiors, enjoy a moment of peace in between the hustle and bustle of Christmas preparations. Feel refreshed after experiencing the taste sensations of our Festive Afternoon Tea, complemented by a choice of quality teas. A festive tipple is the icing on the cake…
Burnham Beeches Festive Afternoon Tea Menu
Ham & grain mustard mayonnaise
Cheddar cheese with chutney & tomatoes
Cucumber with cream cheese, dill & chives
Roasted turkey with tangy cranberry sauce
Scottish smoked salmon with lashings of lemon butter
Scones and Pastries
Freshly baked cranberry and plain scones
with Cornish clotted cream and strawberry preserve
Warm mince pies
Orange & poppy seed cake
Chocolate Sacher Torte
Traditional Christmas fruit cake
Bring Christmas home with our favourite Traditional Stollen Cake recipe
Makes one delicious loaf (around 12 portions)
• 2 teaspoons dried active yeast
• 175ml whole milk (warmed to around 50c)
• 1 large egg
• 80g caster sugar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
• 75g unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 350g bread flour
• 250g marzipan
• 50g currants
• 50g sultanas
• 50g red glace cherries, chopped
• 175g diced mixed citrus peel
• icing sugar, cinnamon and toasted almonds for decoration
1. Dissolve the yeast in the milk and allow to stand until it slightly thickens (around 15 minutes)
2. Combine the yeast mixture with the egg, caster sugar, salt, butter, and 3/4 of the bread flour and mix well.
3. Gradually add the remaining flour in small amounts, mixing all the while.
4. When the dough pulls together, turn it out and knead in the currants, sultanas, dried cherries & peel. Continue kneading until smooth (10 mins)
5. Prove for 1 hour in a lightly oiled bowl (to prevent sticking).
6. Lightly grease a baking tray, place the dough on it and deflate.
7. Roll the marzipan into long cylinder and place it in the centre of the dough. Fold the dough over to cover it. Pinch the seams together to seal.
8. Place the stollen onto the baking tray with the join at the bottom. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to rise until doubled in volume (1 hour).
9. Preheat oven to 180 C
10. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 150C and bake for a further 30 to 40 minutes (until golden).
11. Cool on a wire rack then dust with icing sugar, cinnamon and toasted flaked almonds
12. Slice to serve (do not pre-slice), and enjoy!
Complete your festive treat with an overnight stay in one of our beautiful designer bedrooms, and savour a delicious meal in our award-winning Gray’s Restaurant. We’ve perfected the recipe for the ultimate winter retreat at Burnham Beeches Hotel… Come along and try a slice for yourself.
Book an Afternoon Tea experience now
Treat someone special to a Burnham Beeches Gift Voucher for Traditional or Champagne Afternoon Tea
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.