It’s the biggest night of the year and the capital knows how to party! Instead of seeing in 2019 in the same old local you go to the rest of the year, why not make it a night to remember with one of these weird but wonderful New Year celebrations...
1. Start early and unleash the metalhead in you at Face Down’s annual Pre NYE bash at Scala in King’s Cross. Opening its doors from 10pm on 30th December, with an afterparty taking you through to 6am, this year features an alternative silent disco with everything from metal and punk to power ballads and cheese. You’ll want to dust off the air guitar for this one.
2. Relive your childhood and dive into the ball pit at Shoreditch’s Ballie Ballerson under the neon lights while the bartenders shake theatrical cocktails complete with retro sweets. Ideal for a warm up as you kick start your evening or go BALListic as the clock strikes midnight.
3. Escape the city crowds and head to Wandsworth for the Après Ski NYE Party. Book an igloo or party lodge for up to 35 guests and enjoy mulled wine, hog roast before raising a glass of fizz to fireworks over the Thames at midnight.
Halloween and Bonfire Night are now distant memories as the most magical time of the year approaches. With festivities taking place across the city, there’s no better place than London to celebrate Christmas!
1. Take a 10 minute walk from Corus Hotel Hyde Park and immerse yourself at Winter Wonderland. Entry is free and there are a host of attractions on offer, from the UK’s largest outdoor ice rink and Ice Bar to new attractions for 2018, including roller coasters and the Comedy Club.
2. London is famous for its shopping experience, especially at Christmas, and Corus Hotel Hyde Park is in the ideal location to take it all in. Whether it’s antiques at the Portobello Road market or the top department stores on Oxford Street, just hop on a tube at Lancaster Gate and you’ll be sure to find everything you need for your loved ones.
3. It wouldn’t be Christmas without the traditional pantomime. Starring Dawn French and Julian Clary, Snow White comes to the London Palladium this year with performances throughout the festive season.
4. If you’re staying with us on Christmas Day itself, why not go for an early morning stroll in Hyde Park, and experience the annual Peter Pan Cup as open water swimmers make a splash in the Serpentine from 9am.
5. Escape the crowds and enjoy our delicious Christmas Afternoon Tea at Corus Hotel Hyde Park. Start with a Blood Orange Gin and Elderflower cocktail before digging into a mouth-watering festive feast, from a Traditional Norfolk Bronze turkey wrap with cranberry and stuffing to a spiced apple crumble tart with mulled wine jelly. View our Festive Afternoon Tea menu.
6. Recharge your batteries after a day of festive fun and enjoy our best available rate and FREE breakfast all winter!
This October, Laura Ashley The Tea Room opened its doors at The Chace Hotel in Coventry...
This beautiful Victorian building features an atmospheric oak-panelled lounge, a selection of Laura Ashley designer bedrooms, and pretty landscaped gardens that can be happily admired from the Tea Room.
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.