The nights have started to draw in, colours of the leaves are changing and there’s a chill in the air. Autumn has arrived in London but that doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to do around the capital.
1. Get your best superhero outfit on and head to ExCel for MCM Comic Con from 25th – 27th October. Fans of gaming, cosplay, TV and film come together for talks, meet and greets, special guests and more over the weekend.
2. The capital’s biggest pan-city music festival, the London Jazz Festival, returns in November. Renowned for showcasing world-class artists and emerging stars, this year’s edition features a rare London concert by the legendary Herbie Hancock and a kids' fairytale show.
3. Sports fans have four NFL games to look forward to in London this autumn. 8 teams, including last year’s Super Bowl runners up, Los Angeles Rams, will be flying over for matches at Wembley and the new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
4. Remember, remember the 5th of November; spectacular firework displays will be taking place across London to mark Bonfire Night. We recommend the Fireworks Festival on 1st and 2nd November at Alexandra Palace in North London, with film screenings, ice skating, cabaret shows, a street food festival and beer festival alongside the pyrotechnics.
5. Sample a taste of German culture in the capital with Oktoberfest events taking place across the city. Millwall Park, Olympia London and City Central at the HAC will all be transformed as you sing along and dance on the benches with music, bratwursts and German beer.
6. This is, of course, just a snapshot of the many events to look forward to in London over the next few months. Why not use Corus Hotel Hyde Park as your base and take advantage of our Weekend Bliss offer. We’ll give you 15% off your overnight stay, free breakfast and a complimentary glass of prosecco until 29th December 2019.
Corus Hotels were created with the belief that warm, friendly hospitality, personalised experiences & inviting settings are essential to a well-travelled life.
Blogs We Love
Our gorgeous blog cover photo is courtesy of ©Beth Sandland Photography, who stayed with us in December 2017. Check out her blog here.
CORUS HOTELS BLOGkeep up to date with the latest news from our hotels
Invisible App Zone